3 Months as a MomPreneur – Lessons
And yes, just to clarify, a MomPreneur is a Mum who is also an entrepreneur, whose main focus is family; but she also has the abilityskills to generate income for her familystill pursue other professional goals. A Mompreneur is also defined as a female business owner who is actively balancing the role of momthe role of entrepreneur.
- Being present at home in a meaningful, wholesome manner
- Attending to housework as I handle businesstherefore having a balanced day
- Choosing the clients I’d like to work with
- Choosing the projects I’d like to work on
- Choosing to work on the most profitablefulfilling projects
- Regulating my work hours most of the time
- Ability to rest at will
- Having more peaceful time with familyfriends
- Flexibility to go out during off-peak hoursdaysget great pricesservice e.g. at the movies
- Being conned by both suppliersclients
- Extremely demanding projects that have a negative impact on the quality of life
- Getting minimal profit because of not knowing the real source
- When alone, it is easy to get discouraged
- Learning to vet both clientssuppliers for the best possible businessexperience
- Learning the best, most affordable sourcesmethods so that I can give my clients high-quality, affordable productsservices
- Growing a thick skin – resilience, determination, hope, inquisitive nature, go-getter attitudenot giving up
- Failing in some areas at the beginning means that I will not have an unrealistic view of business. I know the pitfallsI can see them comingevade them or handle them appropriately.
Successful Projects So Far
- Speaking engagements for Amazing Girl Mentorship Services
- Book sales for Amazing Girl Mentorship Services
- Mentoring girlsmums
- Cool Media Company Branding – Logos, letterheads, business cards, pens, notebooks, mugs
- Publishing – Book editing, designprinting
- Business consultancyregistration
- Creative, mutually beneficial partnerships
- Website management – designcontent development
- Business Expo
In a Nutshell
- God is the provider. There is no need to be in a frenzied panic. If something doesn’t feel right or has too many problems, it’s okay to drop it because:-
- God’s blessings do not come with added sorrow
- It is God who gives the power to make wealth
- His yoke is easyHis burden is light
We should therefore trust Godwhatever we find to do, do it with all our might. We should demonstrate our trust in God by choosing His path even though it may seem tough.
- Pray about all engagements – marketing, production, delivery, client relations. Follow the path of peaceintegrity. Anything else is excessively costly.
- Choose projects that improve the quality of life, not take away from it. It might be hard at the beginning, but once I learn to do it, we are more relaxedable to provide better services to the next clientalso to seek more opportunities. However, with a clenched fist, insisting on one project, there is no open palm to receive better, less stressful opportunities that we do not have to cling to so much.
For more info, comment or email me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org