Amazing Girl Ministry – 5 Years On
Hi. You probably wonder and ask yourself what Amazing Girl Ministry is all about. After being in existence for 5 years, I thought it would be good to prepare a review of the ministry – who we are and what we do, so that you can know it and use the opportunity to be blessed and to bless the girls around you.
We thank God for the work he has helped us do and the people he has helped us reach during this period.
Special thanks to my mum, Grace Mbugua, and my pastors, especially Rev. Simon Kabocho and Rev. Peter Kanyuku. I cannot forget to thank my husband, Pst. Rupert Gichuhi and our children, Hetal and Jason, for their inspiration and encouragement.
There are many people I could thank, but I cannot list them all here. I would commit a great injustice if I tried to list everyone and forgot some precious people, so please accept my appreciation – all of you!!!People who have attended and supported the various events, parents who have allowed their children to attend, people who have participated in the making of the various publications, and people who have offered encouragement along the way in many wonderful ways. May God bless you abundantly, now and forever more!!
Who We Are
Amazing Girl Ministry is a ministry that seeks to empower girls by helping them know their worth, identity and purpose.
When we began, we would meet for parties and discuss girly stuff and aim to learn and grow from it. During the parties, we’d make fancy stuff to eat, and have fun sharing stuff, laughing and learning.
What We Do
We do the above through events, parties, social media and publications.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the specific things.
1. School talks
2. Church talks
3. Website encouragement (www.amazing-girl.org)
4. Making E-publications downloadable from the website
5. Social Media mentoring e.g. through email, FaceBook, texts and calls, etc.
6. One-on-one counseling/mentoring sessions
7. Books: Becoming An Amazing Girl, 50 Devotions for Mums, Passion Without Buts
8. Making print publications for encouraging others e.g. newsletters
Events That We Have Held – some of the places we have been
1. Christian International Church, Thika
2. St. Elizabeth School, Karen
3. Kenyatta Secondary School
4. Goodwish School
5. Thika Institute of Business Studies
6. Pendekezo Letu Rehabilitation Center
7. Afpik Children’s Home
8. The Ark Children’s Home
9. Santuri Music Center
10. Maai Mahiu IDP Camp
11. Hosting girls at Anngladys’ home
12. Sleepovers at Anngladys’ home
- Cutex Party
- Art Party
- Make-Up Party
- DropScones Party
- Talent Party
- Re-Union Party
- Website: www.amazing-girl.org – website articles: insights from everyday life, addressing issues affecting girls and book reviews. (253 articles and counting).
- Facebook: Amazing Girl Ministry – encouraging posts
- Facebook: Anngladys Gichuhi – one on one interactions for counseling, mentoring, etc.
- YouTube: Videos on some of the missions held (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bph9fKy2tOQ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWz5gfjjeWs )
- Becoming an Amazing Girl – Ebook and Print Book (available for sale)
- 50 Devotions for Mums – Ebook (available on the website: http://amazing-girl.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/50-Devotions-for-Mums-by-Anngladys-Gichuhi.pdf )
- Passion Without Buts – Ebook (available on the website: http://amazing-girl.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/PASSION-WITHOUT-BUTS.pdf )
Thank you for your continued support. May God continue to bless you in all your endeavors.
In Christ’s Vineyard,