As I watch my baby girl grow
As I watch of my girl grow,most importantly play around with her dad, a special joy fills my heart,I am glad that she has a dad. And the very dad that she does. They play around, have special gamessongs, special little tricks,lotslots of fun. They laugh,that leaves me in a sort of wonderland, elated.
Elated,also knowing that that they have a special bond, a bond that only they can share. A lasting bond filled with wonderful memories. They have a treasure in their relationship, something irreplaceable.
And sometimes a girl can wonder whether she had that, whether she can have that even now. And just resign herself to the idea that what was was,what is is,to let things be as they are…but that conclusion is not easy to come by. It can be as a result of depression, or giving up, or hoping that ignoring the need will make it go away.
No, I don’t mean to sound depressing or low all the time, most certainly not. I just have a certain pressing in my heart to tell it like it is, like it has been,yet again, for the following reasons…..
– To obeydo what I feel I ought to do
– To meet the needs of those around me
– And for the following….
- The girls who wonder if they are alone in this
- The dads who hear God’s callcare for these girls
- The people who generally wonder what’s going on in the minds of children without dads
- The girls who might want to choose to be single-mums in this cold, hard world – jus’ so you know, you may “make it” alright, but your baby won’t. she’ll look like she did, but she’ll be like this. You still want to make that choice?