10 REASONS TO ORGANIZE
1. You will have time to enjoy life. You will know how to schedule personal time for just yourself, whether it’s an evening class or an hour of reading.
2. Your physicalmental health will improve. You will have a confident attitude. You won’t have the guilt of procrastination, the stress of time pressure, or the anxiety of mismanagement. Erma Bombeck says, “I don’t have stress, but I’m sure I’m a carrier.” The pressure points that create stress are eliminated when a person is organized.
3. You will be in control of biglittle things. Whether it’s a large wedding six months from now or a backyard barbecue next Saturday, you will have a plan for making sure that everything comes together on schedule.
4. You can say “No” without feeling guilty. You will know what your obligationscommitments are months in advance. With such information at hand, you can decline additional requestsexplain why you must say no for now.
5. Your life can be less complicated. Organized closets, purses, cupboardslaundry rooms will save you steps, energy, needless repetition,frustration.
6. You can be a caring person. You will not only have a system for remembering birthdaysanniversaries, but also the time to send cardsdo things for friendsneighbors.
7. You can save money. A disciplined budgeta dependable recordkeeping system will allow you to control cash flowtake advantage of sales.
8. You can reach goals. You will become task-orientedaccomplishment-minded. You will make daily progress on projectsfinish what you do.
9. You can make wise choices. A home or business that is under control serves as a comfortsupport during times of challenge, career redirection,uncertainty.
10. You can please others. Your husband will praise you for meals served on timeyour children will appreciate you for being able to attend their sports eventsactivities at school.
Adapted from the book, “Get more done in less time,” written by Donna Otto.